Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Cat lover and dog kicker...

I've got the flu again... How about that? It's not as bad as the one I got a month ago, but still...
I've always thought that there would be some sort of correlation between the desease (that's a word valued too high, perhaps ailment is better) and the time you are healthy. I believed that I would be well for at least a year or so... Oh well.

On the way home from another job intervue (which went very well, much better than the last) I accidently overheard a conversation between two woman talking about dogs. I can especially recollect one phrase outspoken by one of the two.

She said: Oh they are so nice and faithfull, they never let you down.

From this point I was a hairs breadth from intervening and saying something like: What the hell are you talking about? Are you seriously comparing a dog with a human beeing? Of course the dog is faithfull to the hand that feed her. Naturally I didn't say any of this, I never do.

I honestly believe that the human race, no, lets narrow it down to people from the western hemisphere, can be devided into two groups; the one that loves cats and the one that loves its literary arch-nemesis, the dog. I for one am a cat lover and a dog kicker.

When I get my cat, that is for certain even though the time frame is not, I will get it for my amusement. With a graceful cat I can study nature at a comfortable distance, this I can not do with a dog since it requires so much from me. It requires me to feed her to walk her and to play with her. What do I get in return? A really, really expensive friend. I've got friends and while there's always room for more, I don't need a stupid one.

I don't get a friend when I buy a cat, I get a hint of nature. The cat couldn't care less about me but always shows compassion when it wants something from me, like food. But if the cat don't get the food from me, he'll run away and hunt the food on his own. That's what I like about cats..

Don't buy a dog, get a talking friend instead.

... or a cat

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Problem with pals: they talk back....

Cats and dogs, silence.

Silence is a growing human want...

4/21/2006 07:37:00 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home