Monday, April 10, 2006

A touch of the dark side

If I bit my nails, I wouldn't have any fingers left. Oh how I love football.

And oh, how I hate Djurgarden. Hate is a powerful, destructive and simply put a bad feeling, I know, but that's how I feel. I hate the team, I hate the colours I hate everything they stand for, what ever they stand for. I do not, however hate the fans, I just utterly and completly despise them. Thankfully I don't feel hate that very often. If I felt it more often something would be wrong and I would tumble further and further down the spiral because it's such a sweet and seductive feeling, especially around alot of people you know feel the same. It is the dark side and more than once I have wanted to plant my fist into the face of, and turn his face into the same colours as his shirt. I have never done it though. And it's ok...

Derby is the name of the game. Battle is how it's fought. Mental death is how you loose it. North of Stockholm versus the South of Stockholm. Djurgarden versus Hammarby. 0 - 0.

This will become a short post, the tidal emotions that rises and fall before, during and after a game has taken its toll. I'm tired.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Europe for its football games... Here, they have football alright, but one where the ball is, err, far from round...

4/11/2006 05:41:00 AM  
Blogger Niklas said...

It's strange that american football is even called football, when the ball touches the foot just a few times during a game. It should be better called Holdball, tackleball or why not Hugball. Why not American Rugby?

It's also strange that "soccer", which is widely played in almost every lower grade schools in the US, and has been so for almost a decade, hasn't become more professional than it has. I'm I right when I say that in senior high (or what it's called) soccer is almost automatically switched to american football? Perhaps there is some sort of lobbying going on in support of american football.

4/11/2006 01:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, kind of. I personally am a Raiders fan hater. Raiders is an (American) professional football team. I don't dislike the team, I hate the majority of the fan base.

4/12/2006 03:58:00 PM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home