Saturday, April 08, 2006

The highly educated beggar

I can't have the title "Hey I'm drunk" on top of the blogg for too long.

It seems as if many of the people I meet within my own age group, who has a university or college education in humanities are unemployed. While every other person I talk to who didn't proceed to higher education do have one, and makes a hell of a lot more money, after taxes, than I will ever make. If I could get a job, I still would be pretty much be impoveriched because of all the loans I have taken in order to recieve my, to this date, worthless education. I've been robbed of almost a decade of my life together with loads of money. I've been conned to believe that once I have an college or university education I would be more than welcome on the job market. Well that's not the case in Sweden.

I sense in a prophetic way that the highly educated wi be the unemplyed of the future. We are far too shy and well adjusted in Sweden to do something about it. Sometimes I'm sad that Sweden has been such a peaceful nation, politically, for over 200 years and militarily just below that figure. How would we react to the idiotic policies of today if we had a culture of rebellious uproar like they have in France for example? Which number in order is the current French republic? Is it the sixth, seventh or eighth republic? Someone once said that every nation needs a revolution every 20 years, and I'm starting to believe it to be true.

A feeble minded solution perhaps: The police, the firemen and the doctors, together with many other professions all have vocational oriented educatons, where the number of graduated in a sense are related to the number of job opportunities on the market. Why should not other schools have the same? I say, let all the differant unions take control of schools, let them predict the future and its need for differant types of professions, and let the state supervise the unions. It's not as if the unions have that much on their plate anyway.

How is the situation in the states?

8 Comments:

Blogger Oberon said...

........no.....i'm a very strange character......really......but then.....aren't we all?

4/09/2006 01:52:00 AM  
Blogger Niklas said...

Hah I'll beat you with some fifteen minutes there Ylva.

what I meant was that unions could as to reinstate themself as an important service for the citizens, take the business of "predicting the future" and make it their own. I mean they could probably do it just as well as the department of education. The unions could thereby, if they had their own schools of higher education, provide sufficient seats to satisfy the demand on the market.

I'm sticking to the idea of the state supervising, in a legal way, the unions efforts. I mean, for example, an extreme left wing union shouldn't force marxist ideas and teachings in class.

When this, perhaps very silly and ironically uneducated, idea first came over me, I thought of the guilds of the Middle ages. What's the contemporary version of guilds? Isn't the unions the closest to comparison?

What I though of was for example a media producing guild training the next generation of cameramen, photographers, graphical designers, marketing assistand or TV-hosts.

By further discussing this idiotic idea I look even more feeble. :)

4/09/2006 03:51:00 AM  
Blogger Björn Friberg said...

20:00 canalplus!

Be there or be square!

4/10/2006 04:12:00 PM  
Blogger Björn Friberg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/10/2006 04:13:00 PM  
Blogger Niklas said...

Hur ska du se den Björn? Brorsan kunde inte... ska vi mötas upp vid ngn krog?

4/10/2006 04:37:00 PM  
Blogger Björn Friberg said...

okej, förra inlägget försvan pga blogspot verkar få spratt. (jag vart lack)

Jag ska iväg och titta på en lägenhet nu. Men efter det tänkte jag träffa upp några och se den någonstans. jag bestämmer nog inte var men ring på min mobil. Numret står nog på sh.se diskussionsforum/kontakt... nånting. Annars lägger jag upp det nu.

hare syns!

4/10/2006 05:13:00 PM  
Blogger Niklas said...

Hoppas lägenheten är något att ha och att du får den.

Det blev hemma hos min brorsa i alla fall. Vi ses i morrn.

4/10/2006 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Björn Friberg said...

tror INTE jag får den:). sjuk utvisning, dåligt av bajen att inte göra mål. Dock är jag glad att få lika.

syns imorn!

4/10/2006 11:34:00 PM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home