Friday, April 14, 2006

At least I think...

Perhaps you should, but what about writing?

Is it possible to write about anything? Anything that pops into your head? I'm often afraid to sound stupid when I write, or when I speak for that matter. But, that's because I won't let my ignorance stop me from thinking, pondering and trying to understand something, even though I know I don't know much about it.

I'm willing to be corrected and informed about something I've written. I am not however willing to be insulted for formulating a thought where I perhaps haven't had time nor the interest to check if the facts are correct or not. This hasn't happened in a long time, but I very much afraid of it.

In a previous post I wrote about an idea of letting the unions predict the demands for seats of specific professions in schools of higher education. I felt the thin ice, I heard the crackling sound of bad wood uphoalding the roof I stood on (what?). I didn't and in some sense don't know what unions does today (I know and fully understand the importance of unions in the 19th and 20th century), except negotionating your salary, and every one elses.

I still however don't regret posting posts like that, how stupid they may sound. They could be a seed from wich something more constructive may grow, but they could also be pathetically stupid and perhaps even insulting.

I can live with that.... And I can perhaps live with the stupidity of this post

Perhaps....

3 Comments:

Blogger Niklas said...

Well I said the post was stupid! : )

The thing is that I'm often very uncertain the things I write are worth writing, or if they just sound stupid. It takes days, or even weeks for me to see is a text I've written is any good. When you blog and post something that text is up for approval or dismissal in an instant, which is horrifying... absolutly terrifying.  

Posted by Niklas

4/15/2006 04:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, never test your writing nor your thoughts. I do not approve or dismiss. I simply read it, and take what ever I can from it. When I write though, I will admit that I look over what I have written several times. Not so that it is perfect, but just so that I can make sure that my thoughts are well conveyed. Whether you take from it or not is totally up to the reader. After I post, I worry about it no more... If I was misunderstood, I learn from the mistake. Nothing to be terrified of. You are a good writer and your thoughts are unique :)

4/16/2006 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger Niklas said...

Perhaps it has to do with me writing in english. Yes, I think that may be it. When i write in swedish, I feel alot more comfortable sending a text to the print (read: printer). I'm more aware of the content of the text I've witten in swedish than I am with a text written in english. I mean I know what I've written, it's my words after all. but perhaps it's my uncertainty of how an english text of mine will be perceived, that results in the very low self-esteem I had, and have in some sense, when it comes to the writing of mine.

4/16/2006 02:18:00 PM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home