Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ill as a...

I could really become better when it comes to sayings in english. I'm currently very ill and I wanted to start this short post with a english saying describing how ill I am, I'm very ill. But, I can't come up with any suitable phrase. Hell, I can't even come up with a swedish one, but that's the fever talking, or rather not talking. The only one that pops into my head is "sick as a bat", but why would a bat be sicker than any other creature. hmmm... or is it blind as a bat.....hmm more logical.

So anyway I'm quite glad in my utter rambling and feverish way that I am ill. The pain in my chest is gone and proved only to be a prologue to the sore throat and the fever.

Hehe It's quite amazing how your language is receptive to influences. I've just finished watching Master and Commander, and I have the past few weeks read many of the works of Patrick O'Brian. I think my language as a result has become more british, even victorian pehaps.

Well I shall ramble no further... lol

6 Comments:

Blogger Björn Friberg said...

Hehe, lät det suspekt?

Maybe it's "Ill like an iller"? No wait iller is farrot in english right?

Krya på re!

3/07/2006 08:13:00 PM  
Blogger Niklas said...

I'm thinking fish... hmm are they sick often? Ohh I was thinking "hal som en ål" (slippery as an eel)..

sigh

3/07/2006 10:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, here it is for you...

"You are much too sick to do the things a normal person does when you are as sick as a dog. Example: "Sorry, but I am not going to be able to come in to work today. I'm as sick as a dog." "

Yes... not very fascinating but an idiom nonetheless

3/08/2006 04:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of "sick as a dog" this morning when I tried to speak, but couldn't becasue of the throat.  

Posted by Niklas

3/08/2006 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger Niklas said...

wow thanks nicolew

3/09/2006 02:06:00 AM  
Blogger Niklas said...

Uhh by the way... hmmm spam post...yuk.

3/09/2006 02:07:00 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home