Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Weird and great Olympics

The olympic games are over and I'm truly sad. The olympics brought me a fyzzy and cozy feeling when I was at home. For the first time since, well, since the summer olympics I could have the TV on without getting annoyed by the sound of it. I rarely watch the TV, but the commentators of the olympics brought me in their own fasion a head up with their raised voices when something worth watching happened. Now two weeks after the games have begun and ended, I miss them.

These olympics was the best olympics ever, for me, for the swedish athletes and for sweden. We took a total number of 14 medals, 7 gold, 2 silver and 5 bronze and ended 6th in the medal race, and we topped it off with a gold medal in Hockey. GOLD in hockey!!!

Even though I know that Sweden is a major country when it comes to hockey I can't undertand why Canada and the US so often fail to perform, especially the US. Canada and the US share the NHL, a leauge that draws all the great players of the world to it. The major part of players in the league are however North-Americans. If we lined those players together, I feel I could almost blind folded pick and choose a team that would out perform the US team of the 2006 winter olympics... Strange isn't?

0 Comments:

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home