Thursday, February 23, 2006

The joy of the olympics

On februari the 13th I was thrilled about the olympics and loved every moment about it and I still do. I haven't had these weird and silly smiles together with these small and silly tears in the corner of my eyes, lying on the sofa, for... I don't know how long. I saw the Canadian girl, Chandra Crawford, who won the women's cross country sprint final, and the joy and utter happiness she displayed on the podium. Her smile I couldn't beat, but I wasn't far from it. I also, in my earlier post, hoped for some medals. And, they've come. They have almost rained upon me and my fellow swedes. And, what's even more rewarding is that we are ahead (to this date) of Norway (counting the number of gold medals, as they do in the olympics and not the total amount of medals). I've just hated the fact that Norway always wins more... hrrrm ... gold medals than sweden does (in the winter olympics). Now we have two more gold medals than Norway does.

I only have one dissapoinment... The swedish women curling team intentionally played badly to keep them from playing the Canadian team in the semi-final. They played the norweigan team instead and won yesterday with 5 to 4. I hate that sort of "tactics", and don't really believe the speculation that Team Sweden Hockey (men) did the same against slovakia the day before yesterday to be able to play Switzerland instead of some other much more skilled nation. However, if they did loose that game intentionally, it's just as bad.

This was my the-winter-olympics-2006-in-turin-is-almost-at-its-end sum up. I will make a proper one when it has actually ended.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, in todays issue of Dagens Nyheter the captain of the Swedish Curling Team sais that it definitely wasn't their meaning to lose. She sais it would have been impossible for them to know which team they were going to meet if they lost or if they won - since there was one round left to play. So let's hope she's right!

Read the article at:
www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=1705&a=523740

Cheers!

2/23/2006 01:29:00 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

OS-guld-OS-guld-OS-guld

2/23/2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Niklas said...

Du borde börja blogga Ylva.

2/25/2006 01:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I will...

2/25/2006 01:22:00 PM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home