Monday, February 20, 2006

Abstract

So I've finished with my essay about the power of blogging, but since I've written it in swedish it wouldn't be that much of use if you weren't can't understand swedish. I will however link to it as soon as one of the two server options I have work so that I can upload it. The abstract to the essay is however in english as it should be and that part is cut and pasted below.

Abstract
While the blog phenomenon has generated such a huge following it has also been attributed great importance and significance as a powerful voice in the society separate from traditional media. Traditional media have, however, very much taken this new phenomenon into their arms and made it their own. The most powerful and influential blogs are often blogs by recognized journalists, scholars or otherwise expert people who already have a voice. These blogs has pretty much sealed their position in the blogosphere since minor blogs almost always have to go through them to get a readership. The minor blogs, however, do have a place in the sphere of good importance. The role of the minor blogs is to ventilate, elaborate and contribute to the ongoing discussion about a topic. Minor blogs can also publish fresh news, scoops, but for that to happen the blogger most often have to have some know-how about the subject. Blogs are therefore not a democratic revolution in the media sphere as often credited, but it’s a revolution nonetheless. The revolution lies in the, through links, easy access of detailed and elaborated comments on news.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. If your paper had been in English, I'd read it after reading the Abstract.

Your first sentence is a tad bit awkward: "huge following" is sort of, well, confusing.

But I hope you'll be able to translate it so that we English readers can also have a looksee.

2/20/2006 05:57:00 PM  
Blogger Niklas said...

Lol perhaps I will, but it would be tiresome.

Hmm do you understand what I mean with huge following? I see how it could be quite confusing because it's not a phrase that one would use to describe what I want to describe. But, I really can't think of any other phrase to use.

2/20/2006 06:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to translate it... I am sure it's good anyway.

As for "Huge following" no need to change it... people will get it if they read through it a couple of times.

2/20/2006 09:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jätte bra, jätte bra! jag kommer från finland och jag pratar svenska. heja sverige!

2/21/2006 03:54:00 PM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home