Monday, February 13, 2006

The olympics gives me the goosebumps...

Oh my! I just love the olympics. Even though I in general only stand one sport (soccer) I find myself mesmerized by it. Any sport presented at the TV is exciting, even though there are no Swedish participants. Like tonight, I started watching the Pair figure skating final, and it was awsome. I normaly argue that figure skating isn't a sport, that it's more a performance. It didn't matter how hard or how well what they do is, it's an act.

But, tonight I saw the sportmanship in it. The Chinese couple Zhang Hao and Zhang Dan proved to me that you really have to be an athlete to figure skate. The first throw jump this couple tried to do, had never been done before. A quadruple Salchow. The girl fell though, and she fell really hard. Everyone in the audience, both on the stands and behind the TV, surely thought that their routine was over, and that the girl was off to the hospital. But after a couple of minutes she went back on the ice, tried a few simple moves and a small jump and they continued from where they ended. And what a continueance it was! They finished a very very technical routine at such a class they came in second place. They won the silver medal.

Astonishing...

Now, if we could only get some medals...

And here is a pretty funny blog

0 Comments:

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home