Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Learn and learn...

I took a dive yesterday, into a deep daydream. Like with all daydreams it was a dream where you were in control and you never, in any circumstance, let it turn ugly. It's was an exploration into the subconscious and I had both feet on the pedals.

Break or speed ahead.

I speeded through some wind torn clouds stocked at the top of a mountain range, down the valley, I followed the river to the sea. I used the break pedal over the masts of an 18th century frigate and I lingered in this, among many other things, time of exploration and adolescent science.

For an inquisitive man or woman (well not perhaps for a woman, they're better off today) it must have been a wonderful age to live in. The knowledge of the ancients have just been or are in the process of being unraveled, and with that firm ocean floor as an anchorage point the ship could safely plot a coarse on the seas never sailed.

Enough with the poetic drivel... What I want to say is that today our knowledge of the natural universe are immense, though barely a drop in the sea probably... there I go again...

Nowadays with every Jim and Tim being highly educated or at least literate and enlightened, it is much harder to hold a conversation concerning the little and big things that puzzles you about the world. You are too afraid to sound unintelligent, uninformed or ill schooled. All we really have to talk about is gossip in all its forms and variations. We gossip about football, the famous people or the stupid people on TV (who are the same as the famous people). We gossip about the people close to friends, our co-workers and us. We gossip about politics and the stupid people that conduct it. What we don’t do, what we never have is philosophical discussions. We never discuss religion; we never discuss moral or the deeper aspects of human behavior. We are too afraid to do so; we are not allowed to do so because we don't have the sufficient tools to win those discussions. So we shut up, and talk about the stupid King and Queen. And, we stay stupid.

We shouldn't be so afraid to let our guard down, our pride. Pride is only useful when you've done something good, and then only in moderate proportions.

Don't be timid because of lack of knowledge... ask, think and analyze. When you stand corrected, you have learned something new. Be proud of that…

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precisely. That and you need to go and find those who ~do~ talk of things other than town/world gossip. There are plenty of our type out there.

Thank you for your honesty in your comment on my blog Niklas... I never thought I'd seem like that to a person. I must admit, I did laugh... but thank you.

Am I in my 20's? *laugh* to be absolutely truthful, no. Almost though... in a couple of months...

5/03/2006 05:20:00 AM  
Blogger Niklas said...

Don't worry, it's probably just something that have to do with the language barrier I have to cross. Or perhaps it's just somethign to do with me and my perception of people.

5/03/2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Björn Friberg said...

Bajen bäst i stan!

vi får sammastråla efter/före nästa match och ta nån öl.

hoppas du är bakis idag :)

5/04/2006 07:03:00 PM  
Blogger Niklas said...

Det var jag... Och jag har aldrig haft ett leende så länge på mina läppar som jag har haft idag.

5/05/2006 01:48:00 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home