Friday, April 21, 2006

A trivial matter...

Hmm no comments on my last post... I guess everyone else are cat kickers.

I was about to write something about poker, since I'm sitting here loosing, in ordinary order, at the poker table. But I'm saving it all in case I would need it later, at a completly different forum...

I instead intend to write something about the lack of motivaton I was so dreadfully concerned about. I use past tense because it seems to have vanished... to be honest, it hasn't, but that's irrelevant to my point. Earlier today I reread some of my more juvenile and unripe posts on this blog, the ones that dealt with all the things I apperantly still wanted to talk about. Well, I don't. They're no fun and there is nothing personal or unique about them at all (I do not claim that there should be something unique or astonishing about the later posts). This is my point. The reason I felt such a frustration about having such trouble writing something on this blog, was because I had gotten use to the pace I posted post, posts containing nothing but pixel enlightened letters, nothing else. So, I'm sorry to have to say that you, my few but dear readers, have to get accustomed, as I have, to the future amount of posts posted on this blog. The goal is three posts a week.

On the topic of future. A futuristic vision: A massive fleet of alien motherships hover the atmosphere of Earth. The aliens send a delegation to the, if they've watched the movies, White House, or, if they've done some real research, the UN HQ in New York. The delegation arrives and the General Secretary asks who they are. The aliens answer; Death.
... And the world, after a couple of hiding american soldiers have sniped the alien delegation and the US president sent every available nuclear rocket the US have intended to scrap for some 20 years or so towards the motherships, ends due to missunderstanding. "Death" in this case simply meant hello.

The vision isn't that far fetched as it may seem, maybe it is, but that's irrelevant to my point. When the Spaniards first arrived to the Yukatan they asked the indians what the land was called. The natives said; Yukatan.
Yukatan actually meant; What the hell do you want? (It really means "What do you want?", but that's not as funny). I guess the natives found it all very funny at first when the Spaniards then thrusted a flag into the sand of the beach and said that they now preclaimed "What the hell do you want?" as their land. No wonder the natives didn't take them seriously at first. I wouldn't.

I'm sorry about the minor assault on the USA, but if you are Rome, then you are Rome.

GAH... Like this post would be that much better than my earlier!?... But that's irrelevant.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think a lot of Americans would feel offended anyhow. A lot of them are as upset as they should be.

Nice way of putting it though... I cracked up :)

Keep them posts coming! Underrating yourself won't stop people from reading.

4/21/2006 07:40:00 AM  
Blogger Niklas said...

Or perhaps it will. It's not very fun to read a post where the writer constantly complain about the quality of the text.

4/26/2006 03:42:00 PM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home