Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Being someone else...

I opened the front door and stepped outside, I looked around. I looked around to see if anyone looked at me, in envy. I couldn't see any envy in the eyes of those that strolled past the charming old alley way. They were all tourists, I imagined, and they had no reason to envy me, since they probably were not even Swedish. Nevertheless I felt pleased, pleased to be part of the tourist attraction.

I had this ridiculous feeling the other day when me and my girlfriend went to look at an apartment in the Old Town of Stockholm. To live in the Old Town is every Stockholmers dream. On such a wonderful little Island, containing not only the royal castle but also a labyrinthial amount of winding narrow streets and alleys (some as narrow as 90 cm or 35 inches), you get overwhelmed by history. And, I love when that happens.

Another time I had a similar ridiculous feeling was at Huddinge University Hospital. I was there as a trainee through the military. Any time I went for lunch after a surgery I had participated in; I would put on my white coat over my green surgery clothes. At one time, I even borrowed a stethoscope and hung it over my neck. I loved the looks I got from everyone, especially the women who I imagined thought something like this: "Wow, what a young and handsome doctor!”

I'm not sure if I would ever take a situation like that to my advantage, I probably wouldn't.

But then again...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...you never know! ;)

Nicely writ.

5/09/2006 02:14:00 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home