Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Struggle...

I've been silent for some weeks now, and what an eventful couple of weeks it has been. In my last post, I cherished the fact that I was an idler no more. I had a job, with descent pay and a descent work to go to every day. I wrote that post on the 9:th and on the 11:th I was fired.

I was fired under the pretext that I was uninterested and passionless about the job. Which I wasn’t, I really wasn’t. The true reasons were of a nature which could not be expressed directly to me, hence the cowardly phone call an hour after work on the 11th telling me that I’m not welcome back.

I was struck down by the lies certain persons at work told my supervisor at the employment agency, which had provided me with the job. I haven’t been feeling well since, not quite any way.

I have had the means to become an idler again, but I didn’t take it. I took instead a crash course in anxiety management. I was angry for one day, sad for another, panic struck for a third, had extremely low self-esteem during the fourth. On the fifth day I resurrected and applied for a bunch of new jobs. On the sixth day I stood firm and held my own during a job interview. On the morning of the seventh day I stood inside the doors of my new work place. A work place with a history worth fighting for, a work place with nicer people, better pay and a much better contract than I had before.

To all of you who used to see me at my old job (Emma, Micke and Anne): I’m fine and happy… so damn happy to finally be out of school…

I’m happy again…

Has this experience left any mark? During the two weeks that has passed since I got my new job I have struggled with a paranoid feeling of not being able to trust my co-workers. A struggle I’ve seem to have surpassed brilliantly.

I’m strong again…

5 Comments:

Blogger Tyler Durden said...

Way to go, man!

You'll have to tell us about this new job!

(Jag har förresten en berättelse om återuppståndelse att förtälja...men sen...)

10/29/2006 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger Kerstin said...

Ja, jag har undrat var du tagit vägen... Vilka ohyvens kollegor! Men grattis till nya jobbet, och ta ingen skit!

10/31/2006 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the new job! I'm sure something good will come out of your experience in the end.

But is it your blog's commenting system that is opening new windows in my browser? That's a no no, imho.

 

Posted by Anne

10/31/2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Niklas said...

I will check it out Anne, it could be my commenting system since I have implemented a custom version.

Thanks Emma!

11/01/2006 03:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! So glad you're happier. Life always goes on.

11/18/2006 02:26:00 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home